ARTIFICAL INTELLIGENCE (AI): THE EMERGING TOOL FOR NON-LINEAR STORYTELLING IN VR
Workshop organized with the participation of the Advanced Imaging Society
Chaired by Jacques Verly (Stereopsia, Belgium)
Part 1 - VR + AI
- Worldwide trends in VR and AI, Jim Chabin (Advanced Imaging Society, USA) & Ravi Velhal (Intel Corporation, USA)
- Could AI help VR storytellers?, Antoine Cayrol (Atlas V, France)
- The Android: AI-based interactive narration, Thomas Villepoux (DVMobile, France)
- Stretchy storytelling with control of characters' behavior in Dreamin'Zone, the upcoming interactive VR story of a 10 year-old South-Korean girl who crosses Korea's DMZ, Fabienne Giezendanner (Zéro de Conduite Productions, France) & Lilia Schneider (Ciné-Litté, Germany)
- Keynote presentation: The broken mirror concept: AI in VR, Jake Zim (Sony Pictures Entertainment, USA)
Part 2 - Overview of Stereopsia, Brussels, 5-7 Dec 2018
- Overview of Stereopsia, the World Immersion Forum, Jacques Verly (Stereopsia & University of Liège, Belgium)
- History and significance of Hollywood’s Lumiere Awards for best immersive content and technology, Jim Chabin (Advanced Imaging Society, USA)
- Business opportunities in Brussels-Capital Region of Belgium for immersive content & technologies, Marine Haverland (screen.brussels, Belgium)
The organizers reserve the right to make changes to the program & schedule at any time. Stay tuned for possible updates.
DATE AND LOCATION
The Workshop will take place in the Palais des Festivals of Cannes (France), at the NEXT Pavilion (level -1- Aisle 13).
1 Boulevard de la Croisette
F-06400 Cannes, France
HOW TO GET THERE?
Be aware that you will NEED a MARKET ACCREDITATION to access the Palais des Festivals. Accreditation information here.
Sunday 13 May from 3:30pm to 5:00pm