The 3D Film Booster (3DFB) is designed to help independent producers that have projects for innovative 3D contents to give an impulse to these projects. 3DFB can help these producers to find financing and to reach their market and audience. Contents can be films, VR, 360°, etc., all with a 3D flavor.
3DFB is limited to a small number of participants to ensure personal coaching and strong interaction within the group of participants and coaches. 3DFB extend over three days and has the following two main phases.
First, through interactive lectures, participants get information deemed useful (1) for their projects, in particular the latest insights and trends about the 3D film industry & market, the VR revolution, and transmedia storytelling, and (2) for preparing their pitch to potential co-producers and investors.
Second, in light of the above, and in close interaction with the coaches, each participant improves his/her project, prepares a project presentation, and pitches it to a panel of potential co-producers and financiers. By pitching their project, participants have a chance to win the Best Project & Pitch Award.
We wish 3DFB to rapidly become known as the place in the world where holders of innovative 3D content projects in development can, at the end of the event, go home with the perspective for appropriate funding to complete their project.
3DFB is organized in collaboration with Sylvain Grain, a renowned 3D expert and award-winning producer.
Independent producers who have a 3D content project in development (film, VR,...) and who wish to give their projects impulses to get financing and to reach their market and audience.
How to participate?
The 1st step is to submit one or more projects by the deadline. Then, if a project is accepted, the 2nd step is to participate to the booster; participation implies prior registration. The booster is exclusively reserved to the holders of accepted projects. The number of participants is limited to about 10.
- As an ice-breaker, start by presenting your 3D content project to fellow participants and international coaches.
- Develop your understanding of the 3D industry, 3D market, and latest trends - including 3D VR/AR, 360°, cinematic VR, and transmedia storytelling - through small-group, highly interactive, straight-to-the-point classes and one-on-one contacts with coaches.
- By building on your newly acquired, state-of-art information, sharpen and perfect your 3D content project.
- Develop your soft skills, in particular the art of convincingly pitching and communicating through combined speech and visuals.
- Pitch your project to a jury of potential partners, co-producers, investors, and buyers, thereby also competing for the Best Project & Pitch Award!
- Develop your network of contacts and develop new business opportunities through the many socials of Stereopsia: coffee & lunch breaks, networking events, and awards evening.
- Promote your talents and projects through a variety of tools, including social media.
Program & schedule
You’ll find program & schedule here for download and below (as soon as available).
The organizers reserve the right to make changes to the program & schedule at any time.
Stay tuned for possible date changes below.
|Issuance of Call for projects||19 May 2017 (Fri)|
|Deadline for submitting projects||15 September 2017 (Fri)|
|Notification of acceptance/rejection||16 October 2017 (Mon)|
|3DFB (Brussels, Belgium)||11-13 December 2017 (Mon-Thu)|
|Networking evening||11 December 2017 (Mon)|
|Awards dinner (Brussels, Belgium)||13 December 2017 (Wed)|
Congratulations to the winners of the 2016 Best Pitch & Presentation Award!
- 3D VR project: "Jailbirds", pitched by François Klein (Digital Rise, France) & Thomas Villepoux (Consortium-C, France)
- Feature 3D project: "Hard Reset", pitched by David Bukstein (BUK Films, USA)