Université du Québec en Outaouais
6 DECEMBER - 11AM
The development and use of XR technologies in the health & wellness sector is growing fast throughout the world. Since the domain is still in its infancy, the potential for creating innovative contents & apps is boundless, and the domain is thus ripe for innovative R&D and lucrative business, especially for start-ups.
This Thematic Conference opens up your eyes by presenting a variety of XR techniques that are in use, in development, or just concepts, such as for: training surgeons, obstetricians, emergency physicians; drilling rescue & emergency responders; treating phobias for spiders & heights, addictions, & other psychological issues; producing hypnosis; reassuring children undergoing heavy medical procedures & helping them lower their anxieties by VR-based biofeedback.
International companies may find it strategically useful to sponsor/adopt this innovative, straight-to-the-point conference.
6 DECEMBER - 11AM
With a nominal duration of 1.5 hour, and with presentations and a panel by a handful of world experts, this short & dynamic professional conference will efficiently bring you up to speed on this theme and its opportunities.
- Augmented reality (AR) in surgery: a future paradigm shift - Johnny Duerinck (Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium)
- VR for mental disorders: efficacy and the cost of success - Stéphane Bouchard (Université du Québec en Outaouais, Canada)
- BLISS: Virtual reality as a tool for nursing staff to alleviate patient pain - Mélanie Péron (L'Effet Papillon, France)
- Investigation of mechanisms involved in alcohol dependence through virtual reality: the critical role of attentional biases - Jessica Simon (University of Liège, Belgium)
- Medical hypnosis through virtual reality (VR) to perform medical procedures - Chloé Chauvin (HYPNOVR, France)
- Non-pharmacological digital sedation thanks to clinical hypnosis in virtual reality (VR) - Julien Tesse (OnComfort, Belgium)
- XR technologies includind bio-feedback - Alessio Meroni (IMEC, The Netherlands)
With all speakers above
Important: All information above is subject to change at any time. Please, stay tuned.