6 DECEMBER - 3:30PM
Did you purchase a codec or other software tools to spatialize the sound of your XR project, only to discover that it did not do what it said it could do, or that you could not integrate it? Do you wish to avoid such a mishap in an up-coming project? Then, this nuts-and-bolts conference will show you the path to spatial-3D-sound success.
This Thematic Conference reviews the main types of 3D sound spatialization techniques, i.e. with loudspeakers (Ambisonics, WFS) or headsets (binaural recording), and then focuses on the latter case, where “3D” sound is produced through dummy-head recording or its simulation via digital signal processing (DSP) & HRTFs. The conference includes live demonstrations of step-by-step implementations of spatial 3D sound solutions, and of the resulting effects.
International companies may find it strategically useful to sponsor/adopt this innovative, straight-to-the-point conference.
6 DECEMBER - 3:30PM
With a nominal duration of 1.5 hour, and with presentations and a panel by a handful of world experts, this short & dynamic professional conference will efficiently bring you up to speed on this theme and its opportunities.
Chairperson: François Fripiat (Demute, Brussels, Belgium), Pouyan Ebrahimbabaie (University of Liège, Belgium), & Jacques G. Verly (University of Liège & Stereopsia, Belgium)
- How our ears localize sound - Samuel Meirlaen (Big Boy Systems, Belgium)
- How to record 360 sound - Edith Herregods (Freelance, Belgium)
- Case study 1: A 360° film - Marc Muller and Quentin George (Aspic Technologies, France)
- Case study 2: Interactive VR for games - Pablo Schwilden Diaz (Demute, Belgium)
- Case study 3: Augmented reality (AR) audio - Per Beck Hansen (awe, Denmark)
- Case study 4: Specific challenges of 360° audio post-production - François Fripiat (Demute, Belgium)
- Case study 5: Music and Emotion in VR: guiding players and viewers to an intended emotional state, Billy Mello (Riverside Studios, Germany)
- Immersive sound through “Sonic Surf VR” - Hiroshi Yamauchi (Sony Europe, London, UK)
With all speakers above
This Thematic conference will be followed by a sound demo in the exhibition area.